Federal loan exit guidance provides information that is important prepare you to definitely repay your federal student education loans. Each time you: drop below half-time enrollment, graduate or leave school for subsidized and unsubsidized loans, you must complete exit counseling.
Exit guidance explains your legal rights and obligations as being a learning education loan debtor and offers:
- Your loan that is outstanding stability
- An believed payment per month quantity
- A reason associated with the different payment plans
- Advantages and disadvantages of loan consolidation
- Information loan that is regarding, deferments, and forbearance
The type(s) of loan exit guidance you need to finish is determined by which federal educational loan(s) you have got lent.
Virginia Western doesn’t Federal Direct Student that is automatically award Loans. Students whom wants to get a Direct scholar Loan must submit a Federal Direct scholar Loan Request Form (PDF).
For extra information about Direct Loans (including interest that is current), visit https: //studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index. Action or even the school funding workplace.
For informative data on consolidating a preexisting Stafford Loan with a Direct Loan, visit https: //studentaid. Ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/consolidation or call 800-557-7392 (TDD/TTY: 800-557-7395).
Student Education Loans
To request a Direct scholar Loan, pupils must meet up with the same fundamental eligibility requirements as other detailed school funding and sign up for at the least 6 monetary aid-eligible credits.
- Complete a complimentary Application for Federal scholar help or Renewal Application.
- If you’re a first-time Direct Loan debtor and have perhaps perhaps perhaps perhaps not gotten a Stafford Loan, complete Direct scholar Loan Entrance Counseling.
If you’re a first-time debtor, you need to additionally review this document about subsidized loan restrictions through the United States Department of Education: Direct Subsidized Loan Eligibility for First-Time Borrowers you can try here. (PDF)
- Complete a Subsidized/Unsubsidized Master Promissory Note (MPN). The MPN could be the document that is legal that you vow to settle your Direct Loans and any accrued interest and charges. Moreover it describes the conditions and terms of the loans.
- Complete and submit a Loan Request Form (PDF) to your school funding workplace via mail, in-person or fax.
Pupils have to finish Exit guidance if:
- You drop or withdraw classes to lower than half-time or start to go to as a significantly less than half-time pupil.
- You withdraw completely through the university.
- You may not start classes in a semester that is subsequent.
- You complete and graduate from an application.
You will be notified by e-mail to your Virginia Western e-mail account, or, if you should be maybe maybe not much much longer going to, with a mailed page to your target on file.
To try to get a primary Parent PLUS Loan, pupils must meet up with the exact exact same fundamental eligibility requirements as other detailed school funding.
- Complete the PLUS MPN for Moms And Dads.
- Complete and submit a primary Parent PLUS Loan Request Form (PDF) to your school funding workplace via mail, fax, or in-person.
Information on education loan payment therefore the various payment plans available can be obtained at https: //studentaid. Ed.gov/sa/repay-loans. Pupils could use their FSA ID and password to log to the student that is federal web site, https: //studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index. Action, to look at real loan totals and approximated month-to-month payment by payment plan. Repayment for Federal Direct figuratively speaking starts six months following the learning student graduates, renders college, or falls below half-time enrollment. Federal PLUS loans don’t have any elegance period.
Loan repayment is handled through that loan servicer assigned to your loan because of the U.S. Department of Education. Details about loan servicers is present at https: //studentaid. Ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/understand/servicers#select.
Loan Information Disclosure
Parent or student Federal Direct Loan info is submitted to your National Scholar Loan information System (NSLDS) and available by authorized agencies, loan providers, and organizations.
E Mail Us
Location: Chapman Hall C106
3094 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Fri: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM